21 May 2008

On to Africa!!

Greetings from Chicago on route to Brussels! I’m off and running on my next trip and wanted to share with you the 5 W’s:

Where: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burundi

When: May 19th – June 5th

Who: Greg, Ryan, a mission’s pastor from Austin will be joining us the whole trip; Ernie, my father will be joining us in Ethiopia;

Why: Rwanda- field/ site visit, time there with a organization who does peace and reconciliation, visit an FH microenterprise starting company; Ethiopia- Africa Regional Conference where all the country directors and lead staff come together yearly for time of relationship, sharing of work, strategy for the upcoming year, etc; Burundi- further continue relationship with the President and how FH can walk with the Burundi government, attend a leadership seminar put on by one of our Board members

How can you Pray:

1. Traveling protection: for the plane, vehicles, luggage arrival, anywhere our feet and hands touch

2. I have many friends in Rwanda and I want to be an encouragement to all of them as well as a vehicle they can use to discuss anything. I will need emotional and spiritual wisdom

3. Spiritual covering as we visit genocide areas in Rwanda and as the Peace and Reconciliation discussions happen for openness, honesty, and unity for the people of Rwanda

4. Time of rest and renewal in Ethiopia for FH staff, that FH global staff can be a blessing to those around, unity and crucial strategies that are Holy Spirit led not man led, for my dad and I to have a great time together J

5. Travel to and around Burundi, the country in the capital, Bujumbura, has been unstable lately, conflicts and deaths have taken place, safety while in unstable country and wisdom to how to continue to partner with government

Thanks for your faithfulness. Its fun to hear from you guys also, so if you have a minute please say hi. Also, for those that do not know, I will not be returning right back to the US from Africa. We are having a board meeting in Oxford at the end of June, I will be running point for this and such it is easier for me and more cost effective for me to be in country instead. I will be living in Oxford from June 4th till July 1st. I will send info once I get settled in there but just wanted you all to know.

6 comments:

mary kaech said...

hey hey ruthie...... i hope you are enjoying your time in Africa, and wow that is SO cool that you'll get to spend time there with your dad. you two will never forget that.

hey how much time do you have in the towns in Africa? i need to think ahead and get a bunch of artists' Christmas gifts...and getting cool little things from field countries is way better than sending bags of coffee like we did last year. lemme know if you can pick up some stuff, and AP will pay you back. if you can't, no worries.

ok ruth, have a great time. tell me stories through your blog. and i want photos too. :)

love you sister
-mary

Anonymous said...

hey ruth,
it's so nice to hear from you and to know what you're up to. That sounds so exciting, I live vicariously through your missions trips, I can't wait to do more.

Hey so, I wanted to fill you in on me and matthew's life, I tried calling, buuuttt you were in a different country! Duh!
matt and I got into Moody Bible Institute, and found an apartment and are driving cross country in August! Orientation is Aug 20. Crazy huh?!!! I am soooo excited. Shaun and Amanda get married in a week!! Troy and ash in 3 weeks!

I miss you and wish I could call you whenever I want, but that's not the case with your amazing life! That's ok, I guess I will forgive you! BUT it seems like you come to Chicago a lot, so you'll have to visit, and know, you will have a place to stay there!

I am always praying for you, send some prayers up for us too as we go through huge changes this year.
God
bless you my dearest friend,
Erin

Anonymous said...

We are always remembering you in our prayers! Thank you for letting the Lord use your life to serve others. Be sure to give us highlights of Africa. Much love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth,
I'm receiving your blog now. Your mom has been keeping me updated with your FH travels & ministry. Very exciting life, being on the front lines around the world. Remember to rest in Him. He loves us so much. Ally graduates from Foothill 6/12 (remember HS grad.?)
We have our d12 tonight.
Know that you are loved & prayed for...Laurie

ashley millar said...

Dude you need to give an address for when you are in oxford, so we can send you mail. TRAVEL ON!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth--I just read your latest post and totally WILL be praying aned trusting that Col. 1:9 will happen for sure for you. I've been in similar places and trust it's a jumping off point to the nextplace/awarness/experience/depth with God. Also, I've lost your Mom's new email---would you forward it to me? As an old prayer friend of your Mom's--I've only met you twice--but your heart and your continued call has captured my heart to pray for you.
God Bless you. Jan Volker janvolker@yahoo.com