17 April 2008

Singapore & the Philippines

Greetings from my blog.....

I don't know how well this will turn out but i hope that it works!
I have just arrived in Singapore where i will be until Sunday before heading to the Philippines. We are hear to spend time with some Global Resource Development people as well as a potential Board member. In the Philippines were are going to the Food for the Hungry International Family Reunion. If you remember from last year this is a time for all those leaders in FHI to come together for a 3 day conference. Some things you can pray for:

  • Safety as we travel: Airplanes, taxi's, vehicles, luggage arrival, flight delays, etc
  • Good meeting with the potential Board member: clarity on both ends on whether to move forward in the relationship
  • Unity amongst the Family: focus on what God has done and best practices as oppose to opinion on how things can be done differently
  • Physical Strength & Wellness: Greg is just coming back from Bolivia, sleep deprivation, protection from sickness
  • Also i will be leaving a day early to attend a friends wedding, so please pray that i am coherent and alive when i get there (I'm actually in the wedding so....)
I think that's all for now. I will try to add more to my page, but i am new at this so please bare with me. Thanks!

5 comments:

mary kaech said...

woo hoo! hi, ruth! you are so up with the times what with your blog and all. i am glad you created it. i thought about you when i woke up this morning...wondering if you had landed yet at your destination. glad you arrived safely. thank you for posting your prayer requests; i am praying for you sister. take care, eat lots of amazing food (not that i have to tell you that) and come back to me in one piece!!! :D

love you,
mary

Unknown said...

ruthie baby, I love you and miss you! This blog thing is a super good idea, its nice to know where you are so at least I feel conected to you... I am always thinking of you, and praying for you. We still dont know if we got into Moody yet... Please pray!! Love and hugs --- Erin

Anonymous said...

We love you and we are so proud of you! Be assured of our prayers for your trip,
Dad and Mom

Tina from Tulsa said...

Hey Ruth. The blog is great as is your picture from jumping from a plane! I hope your trip went well. I've been praying for you all and look forward to hearing how it went. I'm excited to see you and Mr. Mansi in Ethiopia!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Dear Ruthie,

What a great idea ! and is such a good way to hear from you - such a great way to keep in touch. Will continue to pray for you.
Much love, Aunt Jane